Tomorrow is my 36th birthday. I was planning on writing all about the ups and downs of aging but decided that I didn't want to depress myself the night before my birthday. :) Instead I am going to focus on the good parts of aging. YES........ there are good parts! For one, I know exactly who I am and no longer feel the pressure of figuring it all out. Yes, I am ever changing and evolving but I don't have the who am I , where am I going in life questions looming over my head. I am a mother and a wife. I am smart and funny and talk too much. I am OCD with my house cleaning but too lazy to keep it the way I want it so I am always frustrated with it's appearance. I like to go out and have fun but not too often and I have realized that I like to drink less and less. I enjoy spending time with friends and family but I hate it when my weekends are booked solid with parties and activities. I enjoy having at least one day on the weekend to spend at home snuggling with my family and being lazy. I am super crafty and enjoy creating beautiful things. I am not nearly generous enough, I am stingy with my money and my time and I hate that I am that way. I am brutally honest and share too much about myself. I can be calm one minute and then lose my shit the next over something stupid. Usually something stupid my kids have done. I have serious anxiety about random absurd things and worry about those things happening to my loved ones all of the time. I can and do strike up conversations with strangers just about everywhere I go. I love to write this blog!!
You get the picture. The second thing that I have noticed about myself as I get older is that I do not give a fat rat's ass what people think about me. I used to spend entirely too much energy worrying about how people felt about me. If they thought I was nice or pretty or cool or whatever. I have now realized that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I know how awesome I am and anyone who doesn't think so can fuck off! :) In all seriousness, who cares if someone thinks I am a bitch or annoying or whatever. They are entitled to their opinion. I guess.
Okay so maybe that is all the good parts of aging I can think of right now. Maybe that is all there is. I will probably be enlightened more as more years pass. I hope so!
By the way, I got a job. I start in 2 weeks. I am excited and sad and nervous and all kinds of emotions. Until then I plan on spending as much time as possible having fun with my kids. I am trying to decide if I should change the name of my blog. Maybe Sarah Is a Raging Lunatic or Lifestyles of the Crazy and Lazy or something like that. :) I probably won't write as much (not that I write much now) but I do want to keep it alive. It will probably transition into an outlet to vent my frustrations as a busy working mom. Maybe if I had an outlet like this when I worked before I wouldn't have been such a hot mess!

Amen! You totally do not look 36 btw!!! In my mind you are forever 32 and still look way younger than that. If I didn't know you I would assume you are 28. Seriously, I can't believe it...course I don't want to admit I am approaching 30...and still childless :-/ *singing with the tune of Welcome Back Kotter* "Welcome back!" ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! Tell this big crease in my forehead that! ;)
Delete