Sunday, February 3, 2013

Queen Pin

Yesterday a grown woman, a mother, was smack talking my Lilah. She is the mother of another little girl that bowls in the same league as Lilah. This is a bumper league that consists of 3-5 year old children. They bowl one game and it is not at all competitive. I look it at as a fun way for her to participate in a little group activity with other kids her age, learn something and gain some confidence.

I take the run and drop the ball approach since she is not strong enough to throw the ball on her own. 80% of the kids in the league do it this way. The parents cheer and the kids get excited if they knock down some pins. It's a good time. 

Yesterday we were having a problem getting the ball down the lane. We were on about the 4th time of them having to go retrieve the ball for us so she could try again and were only on the 4th or 5th frame. This is a common occurrence with kids this age.  I was getting frustrated and feeling bad that we were taking so long. I turned around to give out a 'sorry you guys' look to all of the other parents when I see this bitch running her mouth and glaring us down. Um....what?!?!? I can't hear what she is saying but I know she is saying it about us. We finally get the frame finished and my friend Sandy whose son bowls on the same team as Lilah comes up to me and tells me that she was saying very loudly that kids who are not ready to bowl shouldn't be bowling and talking about how late it was getting and that she had shit to do. WTF. I am seriously ready to slap this bitch. Since we had taken so long it was Lilah's turn again on the other lane. Damn it. I didn't want to have a repeat of the last frame so I gave the ball a little push to make sure it made it to the pins. While we were finishing the frame my blood was boiling. I was trying to decide what to say to this woman as to not cause a scene with all of these kids around. I pretty much decided, f it. Not gonna say anything. She is just a white trash bitch. However....when I turn around Sandy was having a bit of a confrontation with her. So I went over. She was in full denial...."I didn't say anything. All I said was that is was noon already". Lying skank. Sandy told her that she was talking about a 3 year old child loudly and that if she could hear it so could the other kids and that she was setting a shitty example. I put my 2 cents in and said something like "Sorry my kid isn't a bowling genius like yours" or something stupid like that. Why do I always come up with the awesome comebacks when it is too late? Long story short, she shut up. She had been called out for her bad behavior and hopefully she was feeling like a total asshole. Who does that? A 3 year old. A freaking 3 year old. Her daughter on the league is also 3 by the way. I wonder what she would have done if someone did the same to her daughter?

Later when I thanked Sandy for standing up for Lilah she said something that I loved. She teaches her kids that we should not tolerate mean people and that standing up for others is just as important as standing up for ourselves. This is a great lesson for our children and it is too bad that all parents don't practice this teaching. This lady was teaching her kids the exact opposite. 

And how on earth could you be mad at this face?????




And by the way....later in the game her daughter threw her ball and got it stuck between the bumper and the gutter. I couldn't help but smirk. :) 

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how anyone could bad mouth this sweet little girl!
    I know it is sometimes frustrating to wait, but jeez suck it up. We signed up for a 3-5 year old league. Of course, it is going to be slow bowling- which is why there is only 1 game instead of 3.
    Don't worry, Sarah, I have you & your baby's back! Plus, I thought I would be less emotional confronting them. Just keep that in mind when I need someone to step in and stick up for my kids (so I don't get in a fight).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I wish we were going to be there this Saturday. Hopefully she will behave herself.

      Delete