Kaleb is hard to get up for school in the mornings. Like hide under the covers and whine for 10 minutes followed by 20 minutes to get dressed hard. I usually go in prepared with some kind of positive "Hey hey hey it's Friday" or "Woot Woot I'm making pancakes for breakfast" to get him excited to wake up and get dressed. This morning's positive greeting was easy! "Wake up! It's the last day of 2nd grade!". He jumped up and got dressed probably the fastest I have ever seen him do it. He is super excited to start his summer vacation. And why wouldn't he be... he gets to spend every day all day with his mother! ;)
He is growing so fast! I love it and hate it all at the same time. I love seeing his personality develop and how smart and funny he is. I love that he has his own mind and opinion (I also hate that part as well sometimes) and that we can have interesting and intelligent conversations. I hate it for the obvious reasons. He is not a baby anymore, not even close. He can do almost anything by himself and needs no help from mom. He does not appreciate all of the parental rules and demands that I impose on him (like do your homework, take a shower, turn off the video games, eat your vegetables, comb your hair) and gets mad at me and brings out the attitude. But as a parent I know that is all part of the job and although it is tough and not at all fun it is just part of the growing up process. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through it is thinking about how much he will love and appreciate me when he is an adult and understands how much I love him and that everything I ever did was for a purpose..to grow him into a man for him to be everything that being a man means. I hope he grows up to know that anyway!
So this morning I dropped him off and said "Have a great last day of 2nd grade!". I drove off and I cried for a good minute or so on the way home. I think it was just a combination of being sad about the rapid pace in which he is growing up and the pride I feel when I think about what a great kid he is. He is a sweet, funny, smart and loving boy and I love him so much. When I pick him up today I will be officially be the mom of a 3rd grader! Man that makes me sound old!
 |
| Welcome to the world Kaleb Robert! |
 |
| Momma loves those big blue eyes! |
 |
| My crazy toddler |
 |
| Big boy on a skateboard! |
 |
| Too cool for Pre-K graduation |
 |
| Horsing around |
 |
| Kaleb becomes a big brother! |
 |
| Lost his first front tooth! |
 |
| First day of 2nd grade |
 |
| My handsome boy |
No comments:
Post a Comment