Monday, May 28, 2012

Here Comes the Bride

The much anticipated nuptials of my sister in law Brandi and her fiance Joe finally took place this Saturday May 26th! All of the dreaming and planning and stressing by all involved came together and the day was perfect. With its exposed brick walls and elegant light fixtures the venue was very romantic and chic. The flowers were beautiful and the wedding color palette of pink and gray complimented the venue.

We started off our day at the salon getting our hair done and then off to the bride's home where we had our makeup professionally done. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay to have my makeup done but oh I am so glad I did. The artist Mary was fantastic and we all looked great. The hair stylists and Mary all commented on what a laid back bridal party we were. Apparently there are some real uptight brides and bridesmaids and mother of the brides out there! 

We made our way to the venue to meet the photographer and get the pictures done before the ceremony was to start. Once we got Brandi into her dress the excitement really began. I can't begin to explain how beautiful she looked. That dress! Oh the dress was so spectacular. We finished up with all of the posed pics and then we were ushered into the bridal room as the guests were starting to arrive. As we all lined up to take our walk down the aisle Brandi started to get tears in her eyes which started the tears for Karen and I. We dabbed our beautifully made up eyes with tissues and the music began. We all walked down to Angel by Jack Johnson. My Lilah was the flower girl and in her true diva fashion be bopped down the aisle escorted by her brother Kaleb. Everyone stood for the bride who was escorted down the aisle by her father and her step-father. The ceremony was very beautiful and went off without a hitch. 

After dinner there was lots of mingling and dancing and all around good times. I even stumbled through a toast. I really did have a great speech planned but when the time came to give it I couldn't remember much of what I had planned to say! Lesson here...right down your speech no matter how short it is! I loved watching my kiddos dancing all night and was even lucky enough that Kaleb danced with me three times! I even got a slow dance out of the husband which in all of our 14 years together is probably the 5th time! The man will not dance! He will also not smile in photos unless intoxicated but that is a different story! :) 

Getting the bride in her dress
Brandi and Karen
Logan, Kaleb, Lilah and Lane before the ceremony
Me and the bride
The bride and her momma
The adorable flower girl! ; )
The groom and the girls 

How cute were my babies!
Getting ready to walk down the aisle

Toasting
Me and Josh (him not smiling!)
Karen and Brandi getting down on the dance floor
Josh and his dad


The bridesmaids





No comments:

Post a Comment