Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mountain Woman Mary's No Bake Cheesecake

I got a couple of "That looks delicious" and "Yums" when I posted a picture of the cherry cheesecake I made for Thanksgiving on Facebook so I thought I would share my recipe! My mom is probably going to kill me because it has been in our family for years and since it was always her signature dessert and now mine she will probably be livid that I am sharing. 

This recipe came from a woman that my Grandpa Wayne was 'dating' in the late 80's. He brought her down from Montana and stayed for a month in our driveway in a travel trailer. I remember that we called her Mountain Woman Mary and that she was an excellent cook! She had also passed on a recipe for Sour Dough Pancakes that were divine but in order to make them over and over again you were required to save and refrigerate a cup of the batter every time you made them. These pancakes were forever a Christmas morning tradition growing up until my mom forgot to save a cup of batter. Damn I miss those pancakes! 

Anyways, here is the recipe for Mountain Woman Mary's No Bake Cheesecake:

Ingredients:

1 block of cream cheese
1 tub of Cool Whip
1/4-1/2 cup of sugar
Ready made graham cracker crust
Can of Fruit Pie Filling of Choice

Directions:

With hand mixer, beat the sugar and the cream cheese together. The amount of sugar you use depends on how sweet you want the cheesecake to be. I use 1/2 cup. Then mix in the tub of Cool Whip until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture into graham cracker crust and refrigerate. You can add the fruit when ready to serve. Wa la! It is so easy and always a crowd pleaser. 

I usually also refrigerate the can of fruit until ready to serve. Cherry is my family's favorite but also good is blueberry (expensive...yikes) and strawberry. Last time I was at the store I saw raspberry pie filling (also pricey) so next time I might try a lemon raspberry cheesecake. 


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...I miss those pancakes too!!! She used to make them sometimes when I stayed the night!

    ReplyDelete