What's up people? Not much in my world except that I GOT A NEW JOB! Holla...whoopty woop....what what!! LOL. Seriously though......YES! I am really excited it. Today was my last day at my current job and I wasn't even a little sad to leave. There is just something about the place that oozes bad juju for me. I went through a lot of BS and heartbreak in that building and if it wasn't for the fact that I was breaking in new shoes and my feet hurt like a bitch I might have actually ran out of the building. Now I am sad that I won't be seeing some of my work friends daily but I know that this isn't the end of the friendships we have. Now we will just have more of a reason to get together outside of work. So now on to bigger and better things! I hate the saying that "Everything happens for a reason" because when you hear it is usually after something shitty happens in your life. However, my life has been a testament to that. Sometimes it is just hard to see when you are waiting for the good to come from the bad.
I am really excited about my new job, the company, the position, the benefits all of it! One tiny drawback is that it is in Overland Park and I will now have to battle traffic and never ending road construction. What is it about Johnson County traffic? I have hated it my whole life and now for the first time in my life I have to drive in it daily. I think I am just spoiled as traffic in the Dotte is non existent. One complaint though...what the hell is up with the construction on State Avenue. At any given time there are a total of 3 people working on it in a 5 mile stretch. At this rate it will be done somewhere around the time Kaleb graduates high school!
I am really excited about my new job, the company, the position, the benefits all of it! One tiny drawback is that it is in Overland Park and I will now have to battle traffic and never ending road construction. What is it about Johnson County traffic? I have hated it my whole life and now for the first time in my life I have to drive in it daily. I think I am just spoiled as traffic in the Dotte is non existent. One complaint though...what the hell is up with the construction on State Avenue. At any given time there are a total of 3 people working on it in a 5 mile stretch. At this rate it will be done somewhere around the time Kaleb graduates high school!
Speaking of my handsome ass kid did you see his hair?!?!? He cut it ALL off. It was becoming quite an issue with the two of us. He was not washing it or combing it properly and I was so sick of it. Trying to brush it out was a disaster and either one or the both of us ended up in tears. So I demanded a hair cut. I told him he didn't have to cut it all off but that it needed a "trim" at least. ;) After much deliberation and a look at some haircut books HE decided to go super short. I was shocked and really a little sad. His hair has been long for so long that I was scared that he would regret it and be sad. I was pretty emotional when it was being cut but once I saw that I would be able to see 100% of his beautiful face again I was thrilled. He now reminds me of the little boy I used to have all those years ago except in a way too big body. I am not at all happy with the rate in which he is growing up on me. He just finished the 3rd grade last week. Damn it. BTW I swear his personality changed instantly with the haircut. He seemed more outgoing, more confident. He was eating up all of the attention he was getting too! I put a picture of him on FB that night and he was very pleased that it got over 30 comments. His teacher told me that it was a really big deal the next day at school too and caused quite a ruckus that morning in class. (Ruckus...what am I...90?) Love this kid! So damn much.
No comments:
Post a Comment